Managing Serious Disorders video series features two high-interest, common, and serious disorders: shock, and sepsis. Each of the two videos presents one major disorder and provides in-depth coverage of the relevant pathophysiology, assessment, and interventions.
By balancing the depth of coverage in these three key areas, the video prepares you to provide comprehensive, expert, and informed care for your patients at any point during the course of the disorder. Ultimately, the videos will help you to promote your patients' safe, rapid recovery and ensure the best possible outcomes.
For each disorder, the videos show how:
- the disorder develops and progresses inside the body at the cellular, tissue, and organ levels.
- common complications may arise.
- to perform focused assessments rapidly and accurately.
- medical and surgical interventions achieve their desired results.
- nursing care is tailored based on these interventions.
- you should plan for essential follow-up care.