"1. Introduction: The Stressed Sex? -- 2. Number Crunching: the pattern and prevalence of psychiatric problems -- 3. Digging deeper into the data -- 4. Emotional disorders -- 5. Alcohol and drug problems -- 6. Less common problems: eating disorders, anti-social personality disorder, and autism -- 7. Conclusion: putting the pieces together." - NLM
Known for its user-friendly, easy-to-understand coverage of complex concepts, this outstanding textbook provides all the information you need to provide competent nursing care to women and newborns. Step-by-step instructions for assessments and interventions help you quickly master key skills and techniques. The importance of understanding family, culture, client teaching, communication, and clinical decision making is emphasized throughout
This book provides a framework and practical guidelines for managing women's health issues within the practice of physical therapy. It enables students to develop and implement customized patient care plans to deal with a broad range of disorders and health issues that either primarily affect women or manifest themselves differently in women.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Purchased with Kelowna General Hospital Foundation funds.
Upon completion of this workshop participants will:
1. Identify opportunities for PTs in the childbearing year
2. Recognize challenges and anxieties for both moms & PTs
3. Appreciate the significance of pre/perinatal events on a person's future life
4. Describe Essential Exercises for the abdominals and pelvic floor
5. Select appropriate exercises for the "high risk" client
6. Select proper body mechanics and functional activities
7. List contraindicated exercises
8. Identify efficient birth positions
9. Describe modalities and pain management during the maternity cycle
10. Understand how to Beat the Competition!
Distance Learning / Canadian Physiotherapy Association