See exactly what's happening inside your patients with acute or chronic renal failure. Learn how to spot the signs of these pathophysiologic changes and intervene to prevent life-threatening complications. With this video, you'll get a wealth of in-depth, practical information to help you understand and treat these serious disorders.
-identify key risk factors for renal failure.
-understand how each type of acute renal failure occurs and affects other body systems.
-spot the effects of each phase of acute renal failure.
detect characteristic signs and symptoms of chronic renal failure.
-teach patients to make diet and lifestyle changes to minimize complications.
...and much, much more.
-- Blanchard & Loeb website.
Upon completion of this workshop participants will:
1. Identify opportunities for PTs in the childbearing year
2. Recognize challenges and anxieties for both moms & PTs
3. Appreciate the significance of pre/perinatal events on a person's future life
4. Describe Essential Exercises for the abdominals and pelvic floor
5. Select appropriate exercises for the "high risk" client
6. Select proper body mechanics and functional activities
7. List contraindicated exercises
8. Identify efficient birth positions
9. Describe modalities and pain management during the maternity cycle
10. Understand how to Beat the Competition!
Distance Learning / Canadian Physiotherapy Association
Known for its user-friendly, easy-to-understand coverage of complex concepts, this outstanding textbook provides all the information you need to provide competent nursing care to women and newborns. Step-by-step instructions for assessments and interventions help you quickly master key skills and techniques. The importance of understanding family, culture, client teaching, communication, and clinical decision making is emphasized throughout
"1. Introduction: The Stressed Sex? -- 2. Number Crunching: the pattern and prevalence of psychiatric problems -- 3. Digging deeper into the data -- 4. Emotional disorders -- 5. Alcohol and drug problems -- 6. Less common problems: eating disorders, anti-social personality disorder, and autism -- 7. Conclusion: putting the pieces together." - NLM