Upon completion of this workshop participants will:
1. Identify opportunities for PTs in the childbearing year
2. Recognize challenges and anxieties for both moms & PTs
3. Appreciate the significance of pre/perinatal events on a person's future life
4. Describe Essential Exercises for the abdominals and pelvic floor
5. Select appropriate exercises for the "high risk" client
6. Select proper body mechanics and functional activities
7. List contraindicated exercises
8. Identify efficient birth positions
9. Describe modalities and pain management during the maternity cycle
10. Understand how to Beat the Competition!
Distance Learning / Canadian Physiotherapy Association
Constructed in three parts: risk factors, prevention strategies, and future research directions. Coverage includes epidemiology, critical appraisal of the roles of exercise, environment, footwear, and medication, evidence-based risk assessment, and targeted and individually tailored falls-prevention strategies.
Known for its user-friendly, easy-to-understand coverage of complex concepts, this outstanding textbook provides all the information you need to provide competent nursing care to women and newborns. Step-by-step instructions for assessments and interventions help you quickly master key skills and techniques. The importance of understanding family, culture, client teaching, communication, and clinical decision making is emphasized throughout